Friday, October 31, 2014

FRANK EUFEMIA

After a dominating three-plus years in the minors, Frank Eufemia was called up in May of 1985 to help solidify the Twins' struggling bullpen.  He was arguably their most consistent relief pitcher the rest of the way, going 4-2 with two saves and a 3.79 ERA.  And, strangely, that one solid season at the age of 25 was it for Eufemia's MLB career.  He was back at Triple-A Toledo in 1986 and never again reached the big leagues.

On a personal note, I was thrilled to get this card back from Mr. Eufemia.  I'm also grateful that he added a signed 1986 Topps rookie card (which I did not send to him).  I was a bit disappointed, though, that he kept the 1983 Visalia Oaks and 1986 Toledo Mud Hens minor league cards I sent, as they were for two projects I am working on (the 1983 Fritsch Visalia team set and the 1986 ProCards Project).  If anyone has signed or unsigned copies of these cards out there, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment