Sunday, January 19, 2014

PETE GOEGAN

In the pre-expansion NHL, Pete Goegan (pictured here in the background, at the top of the frame) was a bubble player for a decade. He was a tough stay-at-home defenseman who spent the first ten years of his career heading back and forth between the Detroit Red Wings and the minors (save for a seven game stint with the New York Rangers before Detroit reacquired him). The North Stars selected him in the 1967 expansion draft and he suited up for 46 games during that inaugural season -- his last in the NHL.

Mr. Goegan passed away on October 8, 2008 at the age of 74.

Of note: this is my first attempt ever at making a "cut signature" autographed card.  I purchased an affordable signed Goegan index card on ebay and cut it to fit within this card.  I may try to straighten/fix my cutting on the card at some point, but I'm pretty satisfied for a first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment